9.09.2009

The Musical Messages

My open door, my opportunity, my shining moments in life are generally revealed to me through music. I discover inspiration is lyrics and sound bites and I find direction in melodies and beats. Sometimes, a particular line is so moving that I simply must share it. So, first lyrical advice to share with the readers comes from What Made Milwaukee Famous and their song Sultan.

I've had less than my fair share of lucky breaks
And enough of this fooling around
I've got one last chance to get rid of my past
And bury it deep in the ground
And no matter what you try man
You're never gonna tear me down

When the only blame you cast is your own
And your only guarantee is your fear of the unknown
If you don't cut your losses before you get lost
They're never going to leave you alone

My best bits of advice I'll repeat only twice
After that you can fend for yourself
If you think that your shoes couldn't find better use
They'll fit just about anyone else

You need to face up and fold
Or deal with the hand you're dealt

Make up your mind
Are you in are you out
I've no patience for your impetuous doubt

Basically, what this means to me, is get your act together! Seize the day! You need to show people why you're hanging around and give them a reason to appreciate you.
"If you think that your shoes couldn't find better use/They'll fit just about anyone else" You are replaceable unless you make yourself irreplaceable.

The best piece I can ever give anyone is "And no matter what you try man/You're never gonna tear me down." Life is too short to be knocked down and kicked around. You need to stand up for yourself. No one can bring you down if you live with the What Made Milwaukee Famous mentality. Okay, enough rambling, here's the video.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE that song! Yes! I could tell by the mix that you made me, Katie that this one had a really great and special meaning.

    ReplyDelete