9.22.2009

Off with a Running Start...


This sounds pretty poetic and cheesy - but I love those magical days, those days when everything you see seems fresh and inspiring, whether it be your classroom, entire school, or just a new notebook. Yeah - I'm talking about that opening day into the world of Academcs...the First Day of School. (With delibrate Capitalization there).

Since my First Day I've been going to High School each mornin' to look forward to an open schedule for the first 4 hours. The SCC and 'Running Start' schedule begins Fall Quarter on September 21st and that day has finally come! (and went...)

It was truly amazing. Sure, I did sit in the wrong class thinking I had successfully located mine, (ok - I did that twice...but who's counting??) But everything did indeed have that fresh quality. The Campus Bookstore seemed to have more stuff, the Library seemed to be even more pristine, even the bathrooms and vending machines seemed pretty impressive. Things are good on the First Day, things are Very Good.

An Inside Looksie at My Schedule:
*Board the bus at 7 am sharp
Econ100 - 8:30 to 9:30
PolSci101 - 9:30 to 10:30
Anth100 - Online in my own time
*I'll head back to school on the bus after Political Science
Lunch at school! Yeah!
Spanish 1 - Online in my own time
AP English IIII - 1:12 to 2:07
Algebra II Independent Study - 2:10 to 3:30

What's your schedule this year? How WAS the First Day? Any college plans?

(Pictures: Top Right - The BIG sign at the entrance of the college. Bottom Left: A city view of good ol' Spokane)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! Gosh you're such a little genius, Chloe. My schedule this year is as follows:
    0 Hour (the class before school)- AP Biology
    1st- Church History
    2nd- Advanced Drama
    3rd- Honors English III
    4th-AP US History
    5th- Honors Spanish III
    6th- Honors Pre-Calc

    Fun fun fun! aka no sleep at all!

    ReplyDelete