1.24.2010

So writing...

I like to write....obviously. But I was looking through some old stuff (I love technology...I don't know how many rhymes and lyrics I've lost because I wrote them on napkins I ended up using!) and I found these poems and I thought I would share...Cool? cool. They're in the style of description poem where you basically pick an object and, well, think of descriptions for it. So here goes.
Snowflake
Silencer of spring
A Who’s home
Downy feathers of a celestial pillow fight
Icing on a lake
Winter’s sand
The lacy dress of an eyelash
Piercer of exposed cheeks and thin mittens
Nature’s dust
Building material for a fortress of ice
Satisfier of an expectant tongue
Children’s dreams
Glitter shaken from a star
Ornament to adorn a spider’s web
Cloud’s offspring
Ammunition in a friendly feud
Slippery sister of sleet
Bleach’s muse
Silencer of spring


Voices
The voices shouting for a cause are loud and strong,
Like the crowing of a rooster.
The voices telling of happiness are jubilant and bright,
Like the sun’s rays spilling onto green grass.
The voices in love are rushed and excited,
Like the beating of a healthy heart.
The voices teaching are calm and patient,
Like a painter’s brush making the first stroke on a blank canvas.
The voices whispering are secretive and spiteful,
Like spies in a forbidden fortress.
The voices begging for rest are strained and exhausted,
Like rope used in a game of Tug o’ war.
The voices crying for help are faint and pleading,
Like words slowly wiped off a chalkboard.
The voices too weak to shout are silent and desperate,
Like a hand reaching for the light.
Then there are the voices that have finished speaking, serene and complete,
Like a puzzle after the last piece has been found and fitted into the rest.



Silence
The whisper of friends gone too soon
The brushing of leaves on a windowpane
The swish of a tree falling through still dawn air
The last second before the sun sets
The chirping of birds when no one else is awake
The words on a page about to be read


Well there you go. Katie writing, in the pixels (like in the flesh...but for the internet). I hope it was enjoyable. Let me know what you think in the comments, or try your own desription poem.

3 comments:

  1. KATIE!!
    Those are so crazy-good! They're so fluid and smooth, almost lyric-like! :)

    Love love love em'.

    Ha - and i love the phrase "in the pixels"...:D LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chloe! You should try them! They're fun :) and I'm thinking we should coin the phrase "in the pixels" ....seeing as how that's the only way we every see each other any more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! Man...I really miss you! And everyone from the Vox!! Ugh...makes me a little sad at times...:(

    But I agree on coining "in the pixels!" Its pretty brilliant if you ask me!! :)

    ReplyDelete