8.27.2009

dcfc and the 7th floor

open door open door open door...yup. That title definitely rolls off the tongue. It really did all start with talking animatedly about a Death Cab concert coming up in the good ol' Spokane, WA. Seriously...big hand motions, high-pitched sqeals, and even the loud gasp of agreement when talking about the amazingness of front man Ben Gibbard comprised the conversation that brought Katie and I together.

We both really really like Death Cab for Cutie...let's just put it that way. (ha...I even made an "I heart DCFC" button for Katie...check the baby-pic)

We were on the Vox newspaper and editorial staff together; she wrote articles for the written publication and I was a distance blogger for the website.  The monthly meetings located at the 7th floor of The Spokesman Review Bldg. were where we got to hang out with the rest of our nerdy and newspaper-lovin' peers. (They are all extremely PROUD nerds, though...and I am definitely also one of them...)

To make a LONG story short, we lost the Vox due to funding shortages, (Ha - no money backing a newspaper? Hmm..that's news to me...:D) and thus lost the website. Katie and I were pretty bummed, but kept stewing ideas for another lil' project.

Time passed...and now we're HERE! [our] open door is really just gonna' be a neato collection of our fave things...random thoughts bouncin' around in our heads (there are LOTS of those...), and just anything that strikes our fancy. Hope you enjoy...we just have a lot to say and LOVE to say it...

(this is one of my alll-time favorite pics that I've ever snapped of The Spokesman Review Bldg...I really miss that place...but we move on. We move on to HERE! *yay jazz hands!!*)

No comments:

Post a Comment