5.19.2010

Hats!

Ooooo....Hats! So I finally braved looped knitting needles and *drumroll* they weren't that scary! It's just like knitting, but faster...and easier. So less scary. My first project was a super cool slouchy beret, a pattern of which I picked up over at Ravelry, one of my new favorite project sites (but more on that later...). Anyways, the pattern can be found here BUT I have a few adjustments.
1) I used Thick and Quick Lion's Brand to get the gauge right and to knit these up thick...and quick...ok..self-explanatory.
2) I cast on between 55 and 65 stitches according to head size. I guessed and checked with some fixing at the ends so I don't have exact measurements...sorry!
3) Other than that I sort of used this pattern as a guide. I made a brim of about 7-10 rows (based on request by hat recipient) and I knitted the body until it looked about right, stopping with about 4 inches to go for the decrease.

Other than that, it was a really great pattern. It took me between 2 and 3 hours to do each hat and they were super cute. The fit is slouchy, fits on the back of the head and is perfect for gross hair days. I am selling them to friends for about $10 even! It was a quick and easy project that I HIGHLY reccomend for new knitters. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment!




Knit on!
-Katie

2 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHH! I ABSOLUTELY LOOOVE THESE!

    I'm a huge hat fan; fedoras, beanies, love em' all! And these are fabulous, Katie! I feel like I'm gushing, (just as I do over ALL your crafts), but these are seriously AMAZING!

    Do you think you'd ever set up an ETSY shop? You've definitely got the makings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to spend my time doing crafts. Knitting is fun and I really want to pick up sewing, I just don't have time! Right now I'm keeping my selling local, but perhaps in the future I'll make some hats to sell....

    ReplyDelete